Open or large pores on the face is the very common issue faced by people with oily and combination skin. We always keep on finding some ways to make them invisible to get that flawless skin. Therefore, most of the girls try to hide them by applying heavy makeup. This is most inappropriate way because it further clogs our pores. Today’s post is especially for people who are always looking for solution to get rid of large pores. But before the solution we must understand the causes, effects and the essentials of the pores on our skin.
What are pores?
Pores are the tiny hole vents present on our whole body. They play a vital part in keeping our skin hydrated with natural oil and removing toxins from the body. There are few myths related to shrinking or closing of the pores. The pores on our face, neck, nose, body can never be closed rather they need to be open to let our skin breath and remove waste from our body. The pores can only be minimized in size by deep cleansing the skin with the help of some home remedies.
What causes the formation of large pores?
The major factor which causes the formation of large pores is the production of excess oil.
Every one of us has pores on the skin to let the natural oil flow out. But when oil glands tend to produce more oil i.e. sebum, the excess oil mixes up with external particles like dirt, dust, pollution resulting in clogging of our pores. Therefore, to release the excess oil our body automatically widen up the pores of our skin. But the dead skin on our pores traps the excess oil by not letting it freely flow out causing in the formation of acne, pimple, whiteheads and blackheads due to oxidation.
Other factors which can be the cause of large pores are age factors, heredity, exposure to sun, improper skin cleansing regimen.
What are the effects of large pores?
Large pores make our skin look dull and aged taking away the natural glow from the face. It also effects the texture of our skin making the skin more sensitive. People with large pores face the problem of excess oil, acne, pimples, blackheads on the nose and whiteheads on the face.
Home remedies to get rid of large pores
1. Raw Milk Cleanser
Raw milk works as a great natural cleanser.
- Apply and gently rub the raw milk on the face with the help of cotton ball.
- Leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water.
- Do it daily.
2. Baking Soda Exfoliator
Baking soda removes dead skin, excess oil and dirt from the skin.
- Take the required amount of baking soda and mix it with warm water.
- Use it as an exfoliator on the face and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Rinse it with normal water.
- Use it twice a week.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Toner
Apple cider vinegar tightens the pores and maintain pH balance of the skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 1 tablespoon of warm water.
- Apply it over face and neck with cotton ball and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water.
- Use it daily as toner.
4. Fuller Earth (Multani Mitti) Face Mask
Fuller earth removes excess oil from the skin.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of fuller earth with 1 tablespoon of honey and milk.
- Apply this mask for 10-15 minutes and wash off with normal water.
- Use it on alternate days.
5. Egg White Peel off Mask
Egg white open the clogged pores by removing dirt and impurities.
- Apply egg white on the face and cover it with tissue paper.
- When dried peel it off and wash the face with water.
- Do it twice a week.
Do’s and Don’ts for the skin with large pores
- Follow your skincare regimen regularly
- Wash your face twice a day
- Opt for an oil control and deep cleanse face wash
- Always apply a toner after using face wash to remove leftover oil and dirt
- Use oil control moisturizer for the face
- Exfoliate your skin twice a week
- Drink minimum 8 glasses of water daily
- Avoid intake of oily and junk food
- Avoid using makeup products
- Always remove the makeup with makeup remover
- Never sleep with the makeup on the face