In human life, medical plants and herbs are playing an important role to inhibit specific diseases. In fact, different parts of the herbs such as flowers, roots, fruits, leaves, seeds and root barks are used in medicines. Nowadays, the utilization of herbal medicine and herbal products have been increasing rapidly.
Let’s look into varied types of medical plants and herbs for your overall health.
1) Cymbopogon flexuosus
Cymbopogon flexuosus is also known as lemongrass, Cochin grass and Malabar grass. Lemongrass essential oil(Cymbopogon flexuosus) used in fragrance, cosmetics and some traditional medicines.
The anti-inflammation, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties of lemongrass oil help to treat several conditions such as
● Boosts Hair Strength: The herbal properties of lemongrass essential oil improve your hair growth and hair follicles. It helps to soothe your scalp from irritations and reduce dandruff. Moreover, The iron in lemongrass prevents your hair loss and hair thinning.
● Relieves Headache and Migraines: The soothing properties of lemongrass essential oil can able to reduce your headache, stress and pressure. It is an excellent remedy to treat your joint and muscle pain also.
● Improve Immunity: The healing qualities of lemongrass essential oil protect your immune system from various diseases such as cold, fever, diarrhea, stomachaches and digestive problems.
● Promotes Healthy Skin: The skin healing properties of lemongrass oil works in several ways to moisturize your skin. It can able to open your clogged pores and prevent blackheads. As a detoxifier, it helps to treat fungal infections on the skin and leave your skin with a clean appearance.
Furthermore, lemongrass oil helps to inhibit blood pressure, heart diseases, nervous disorders and cancers.
Source: https://upnature.com/blogs/news/top-30-lemongrass-essential-oil-benefits-and-uses https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/essential-oils/health-benefits-of-lemongrass-essential-oil.html https://www.healthline.com/health/lemongrass-essential-oil
2) Ricinus Communis:
Ricinus Communis is also called as a castor bean plant. These leaves are rich in protein, carbohydrates, minerals, fiber and fat. Meanwhile, these seeds naturally help to treat your overall health.
Here we help to find the health benefits of Ricinus communis.
● Promotes Healthy Hair: The components in Ricinus communis such as omega-6 fatty acids and ricinoleic acids promotes healthy scalp and hair. Regular applying of castor oil helps to prevent your hair loss and scalp infections.
● Soothe The Wounds and Burns: The oil of Ricinus communis helps to treat your wounds and burns. Anti-inflammation and wound healing properties of castor seed oil can able to decrease the risk of infections.
● Stimulate Lactation: Ricinus communis act as a galactagogue to stimulate the secretion of milk. Moreover, the fatty acids in Ricinus communis oil help to increase the quantity of milk in breastfeeding women.
● Reduces Acne: In young adults, acne is a common skin condition. Regular application of castor seed oil help to reduce the bacterial overgrowth and reduce the inflammation on your skin. In addition, it can able to decrease the risk of skin allergies and infections.
Additionally, Ricinus Communis help to treat a sore throat, insomnia, menstrual disorders and ulcers.
3) Cinnamomum Tamala:
Cinnamomum Tamala is the scientific name of the Indian bay leaf and it also called as biryani aaku or bagharakku in Telugu. It is an Indian spice as well as we can use in ayurvedic medicine. Moreover, the flowers of this plant also used in a number of medicines.
Let us see the important benefits of Cinnamomum Tamala for your health.
● Helps To Hair Regrowth: The antioxidant qualities of bay leaf oil help to boost your hair regrowth and control hair fall. Regular application of bay leaf oil and powder help to prevent scalp infections and strengthen the hair follicles. It is the best remedy to treat your dandruff and various hair related problems.
● Manage Diabetes: Bay leaves can able to regulate your blood sugar levels and improve the function of insulin. Regular consumption of bay leaves reduce the symptoms of diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular and brain damage diseases.
● Improve Digestive Health: Bay leaves plays a major role to improve the function of your gastrointestinal system by eliminating the toxins from your body. Furthermore, having bay leaf tea can able to reduce the risk of stomach ulcer symptoms. source:https://www.positivehealthwellness.com/diet-nutrition/9-surprising-health-benefits-bay-leaves/
● Protect Heart Health: The presence of components such as caffeic acids and rutin in bay leaf help to eliminate the bad cholesterol from your cardiovascular system. In addition, reduce the risk of heart attacks and heart failures.
4) Gotu cola:
The botanical name of the Gotu cola is Centella Asiatica and it is also called as or saraswataku in Telugu. Gotu cola is one kind of miracle herb that commonly used in herbal medicine to treat many diseases. They are,
● Prevents Hair Loss: Gotu cola helps to increase the length of each hair and reduce your hair loss. It plays a hefty role in the nourishment of your scalp along with promoting circulation. According to a recent survey, we can use gotu cola to treat psoriasis symptoms. source:https://www.holdthehairline.com/gotu-kola-for-hair-loss/
● Improves Memory: The extracts of gotu cola such as leaves, stems can able to improve your memory. Moreover, it helps to increase antioxidant levels in the blood to improve your learning ability. As well as this relaxant herb
reduces your anxiety, stress, depression and control your overall mental health. source:https://bebrainfit.com/gotu-kola-benefits-brain/
● Skin Care: Skin lightening properties of gotu cola help to reduce the appearance of your blemishes, spots and signs of aging. In particular, Gotu cola is an amazing ingredient to treat your dry and tired skin. It helps to reduce the risk of DNA damage and prevent stretch marks.
● Relieve Joint Pain: Gotu cola can able to decrease your joint pains and swelling. In general, The anti-inflammation properties of gotu cola help to reduce your bone erosion and cartilage erosion.
5) Ficus Benghalensis:
Ficus benghalensis is also known as a banyan tree in India. It is a very large and evergreen tree with wide-spreading branches. Especially, the roots extracts of a banyan tree help to improve your immune system.
Let’s take a look at the powerful health benefits of the banyan tree.
● Treats Hair Problems: Banyan tree extracts help to reduce your baldness and scalp infections. Moreover, the banyan tree leaves work as an excellent remedy to treat your hair growth and prevents your hair loss.
● Immediate Cure For Itching and Burning: The anti-itching and wound healing properties of banyan tree extracts help to reduce your burning sensations on your skin. Apply the paste of banyan leaves on your affected area to get instant relief.
● Prevents Urinary Disorders: The bark of banyan tree rich in minerals and nutrients thus help to reduce your urinary disorders. In addition, banyan tree leaf, fig and seeds prevent several conditions such as diabetes and diarrhea.
● Cure For Tooth problems: The bark of banyan tree helps to prevent your toothache and bad breath. In fact, banyan tree milk plays a major role to reduce your several types of tooth infections.
Conclusion: In this article, we discussed the top 5 medical plants for your overall health. This anti-inflammation, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of herbs and medical plants naturally help to cure several diseases. Moreover, the above mentioned medical plants play a hefty role to prevent your hair loss and scalp infections.